Embrace the Fog, it’s Faith in Droplets

Posted on Updated on

Fog
fôg
noun
Foggy Morning

1. a thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at, or near the earth’s surface that obscures or restricts visibility. 2. something that obscures and confuses a situation or someone’s thought processes.

What about the fog that drops down and suspends itself over our hearts, dreams, and lives?

I can’t see when I feel…

-betrayed-

Somebody I love dearly, lied to me, straight in my face.

-afraid-

Do you really think you can become a author? You can’t even keep up a weekly blog.

-less than-

“Sorry, your card declined ma’am.”

-confused-

God, why? Why would you take my cousin so soon, he was on 26 years old?!!

Fog forces us to slow down, usually when we don’t want to.

Making our eyes search for the familiar we take for granted.

The faithful stop lights at our everyday intersections, the yellow dashed lines that keep us on the right side of the road, the car in front and behind that allows us to set, safe-spaced boundaries.

Truth is, I don’t get to decide the weather forecast. If I did, it would be set in the mid-80’s, with a slight warm breeze, and nothing but clear blue skies.

But all I have is today, and today started off  really foggy.

And it force me to…

-confess-

Laser in on the places I keep trying to hide.

-write-

Yes, I may have missed a blog post,  but I wrote today and I’m not missing out on the God-story you keep writing in me, with others, for your glory.

-search for true contentment-

Hebrews 13:5

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;never will I forsake you.”

-remember that this Earth is not our real home-

“Cousin Michael, enjoy Grandmommy-

you get her all to yourself for now. You always said you were her favorite. 😉

Please tell her she is missed and loved.

PS. We already miss you too.”

Clearer Day-Michael

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Embrace the Fog, it’s Faith in Droplets

Meg said:
    October 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Feeling your fog, sweet friend! So glad we have the hope of a bright and eternal future with all those we love in the Lord!!

Velynn Brown responded:
      October 15, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Amen Sis, yes heaven is our final destination.

Ashley Larkin said:
    October 15, 2013 at 1:20 am

Bless you, friend, as you write right from the middle of your pain and confusion and profess what is true. Love you. I am praying for you and your family.

Sherrie Ashcraft said:
    October 15, 2013 at 3:44 pm

What a beautiful post, Velynn! And I’m sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Velynn Brown responded:
      October 15, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Bless your Sherrie. xoxoxoxo

Cornelia Becker Seigneur said:
    October 21, 2013 at 8:34 am

Velynn- I am so sorry for your loss. This is so close. Family. Heartbreaking. -Cornelia

Brittany Wellington said:
    October 21, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Have never looked at confusing situations and realized that when we’re in them, we try to run to the familiar. You are so right.

Melinda Todd said:
    October 22, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I hear you! And we have something in common in that we’ve both lost our cousins young. Mine was 20, we were two years apart and best buddies. Thank you for sharing your sweet words. Keep on pushing, girl!